Saturday, April 18, 2009

Podcasting

Podcasting is becoming quite the rage. For those of you unfamiliar with this web based trend, podcasting is basically the creation and distribution of amateur radio. It's the distribution that as an educator is so fascinating. With podcasting you can listen to real people talking about real topics. Below is a link to a podcast I found where several sleep experts are discussing a very controversial issue in sleep medicine. Unattended home sleep studies has the sleep community buzzing right now. Being able to have my students listen to round table conversations between medical professionals is a great way for me to review material, discuss evidence based medicine, and allow my students to begin to develop their own professional judgments. It also allows me to keep current on the latest and greatest trends in healthcare. Medicine is forever changing, with podcasts I can change right along with it. Podcasts will be added to my curriculum this fall in both my lectures, as well as students homework assignments.

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/podcast.asp

1 comment:

  1. Connie,
    I'm glad that you mentioned adding podcasts to your course. For some reason I never thought about doing it myself, but it's a great idea.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete