Monday, March 2, 2009

Tweets

For the past week or so my grad class assignment was to twitter. The concept I think is very cool, and while I was hoping to gain a larger following I feel I made a significant connection with one person in particular. "Tabs" is a guy who is like many of the OSA people I work with every day. His weight has crept up on him, and his health is not that of the twenty something he'd like it to be. He's recently been diagnosised with OSA and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his CPAP therapy. Twitter has allowed me to step outside of the shoes of the medical professional and into the ones of a patient. Through his tweets as well as his newly created blot I'm hoping to be able to follow his progress as well as offer some advice, and assistance where needed. I would have never been able to follow Tab's journey if it wasn't for Twitter. Great assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Connie,
    I'm sure that Tabs will appreciate and benefit from your input through comments on his blog.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete